Ghee is not just fat, it may be healthy and surely adds a rich flavour in every meal. Here is why it may probe beneficial for health during the winter months.
From strengthening the immune system to keeping the body warm, Ghee is a desi superfood that will be your best friend in the winter season. Its aroma and flavour can enhance the taste of any dish. This healthy fat is cherished for its health benefits and rich flavour. Ghee is also recommended by Ayurveda in winter because of its purity and grounding qualities. This golden elixir is used in various dishes such as dal, khichdi, and saag to add a flavour of richness to your food.
Ghee incorporates numerous benefits for skin, memory, strength and immunity. Let’s find out how adding ghee to your winter diet can be beneficial for you.
Health Benefits of Ghee in Winters
- Loaded with healthy fats– Ghee is a great source of saturated fat like omega-3 and omega-9 fatty acids. The fatty acid supports a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. Add this superfood to your winter diet to maintain health and give strong support to vital body functions.
- Improves Digestion– The nutritional value of ghee includes gastric juices that help to facilitate your digestive system. Ghee has been used for several years in Ayurveda for its digestive benefits. Its components contain enzymes that assist in breaking down food into simpler substances.
- Keeps you warm- According to Ayurveda, ghee is recommended in winter due to its warming and grounding qualities. This healthy fat helps keep your body warm and is beneficial for individuals who tend to feel excessively cold in the chilly season. The high smoke point of ghee makes it perfect for cooking food in winter and adds a rich flavour to your meal.
- Reduces the risk of dry skin– Winter comes with dry and harsh weather that makes your skin dehydrated. Ghee not only makes your skin soft from the outside but also moisturises your skin membranes from the inside. This healthy superfood incorporates fatty acids that give your skin a natural glow from within, reducing the risk of dryness and promoting a healthy complexion.
- Boost immunity- Ghee contains monounsaturated Omega-3s, fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, l, that help to boost your immune system. This superfood’s components make your body stronger and reduce the risk of seasonal illness. Add ghee to your daily diet in winter to stay healthy and make your meal more delicious.
While ghee has various benefits, it should be consumed in moderation. Individuals with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance should exercise caution and consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating ghee into their winter diet. Add ghee to your everyday meal and take advantage of all these benefits at once, with caution in place!