Did you know that pigweed is a plant with surprising health benefits? Explore its wonderful advantages that may astonish you
Pigweed Benefits: Amaranth is popularly known as “chaulai” which looks somewhat like spinach and is mainly found in the foothills of the Himalayas. From red to purple, this leafy green is found in various colours and incorporates a range of health benefits. This superfood is a nutritional powerhouse and a versatile ingredient with a rich history. This ancient ingredient is rich in potassium and aids in reducing the risk of heart disease. The plant has taken the backseat in the green veggies industry, but this hidden gem deserves some spotlight. Let’s explore some of the health benefits of Amaranth.
Why Should You Add Pigweed In Your Diet?
- Storehouse of nutrients- Amaranth is a storehouse of necessary nutrients and antioxidants including vitamins A, C, and K. Pigweed helps in improving vision and is considered a great source of calcium, fostering stronger bones and teeth. Its seeds incorporate nine amino acids that are important for the overall growth and development of your body.
- Gluten-free – The seeds of the pigweed plant are sometimes used as grain and are ground to be made in flour. It works as a walking alternative for gluten-sensitive people. This safe and nutritious option can be easily used in various ways. From gluten-free flours to finger-licking pasta, you can enjoy all the forms without worrying about your gluten intolerance.
- Low in calories- Amaranth is extremely low in calories making it a healthy go-to option for people who are aiming to lose inches from their body. Pigweed is a rich source of protein and fibre, both of which may aid your weight loss journey. So, what are you waiting for? Add this nutrient-rich plant to your diet to lose weight and stay healthy!
- Rich in Antioxidants- The plant contains numerous antioxidants, including polyphenols and flavonoids, which help protect cells from oxidative stress, leading to the reduced risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Heart Health- The plant is known for reducing cholesterol, enhancing blood lipid profiles, and fostering healthy digestive health. Amaranth’s high fibre content will help you in fostering good heart health. Pigweed’s benefits for the cardiovascular system might be attributed to the presence of micronutrients like phytosterols and more.
Become a healthier version of yourself by incorporating pigweed or amaranth into your everyday diet. Enjoy an abundance of health benefits and have a great lifestyle. However, consider consulting a health professional before making any changes in your diet.